Crazy About Cupcakes
Cupcakes: the delectable little desserts that we just can't get enough of. They've taken the pastry world and the reality TV world by storm and now they've taken over here at the M! Cupcake connoisseurs can find our new signature line of the tasty treats at Baby Cakes, our European-inspired patisserie. Introduced just last week, there are nine mouthwatering cupcake flavors waiting for you to sink your sweet tooth into.
Our very own pastry chef Jean Claude Canestrier developed all the flavors of the cupcake confections. We visited Jean Claude to get the dish on the tasty treats.
Cupcake production has taken off running with our bakery churning out more than ten dozen cupcakes daily. Jean Claude's recipe for success lies in the details. Each crafted cake went through a taste test by the entire bakery team before the final flavors were chosen and the delicate chocolate toppers you see on some of the little cakes are handmade and individually painted.
The cupcakes that made the cut:
- Orange Chocolate - Diced candied orange, ganache and milk chocolate mousse
- Banana Caramel - Banana, caramel filling and banana frosting
- Double Chocolate - Ganache filling and milk chocolate mousse
- Red Velvet - Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Peanut Butter - Chocolate cupcake with peanut butter filling and peanut butter icing
- Coconut Pineapple - White coconut cake with pineapple filling, an apricot glaze and coconut frosting
- Carrot Pineapple - Carrot cake with pineapple filling and cream cheese icing
- White and White - Classic white cake and white icing never tasted so good
- Lemon Raspberry - Lemon cake with raspberry filing and Chantilly cream icing
What's Jean Claude's favorite you might ask? Since he created all the cupcakes he insists that he can't choose - each one is magnifique! But, the Chocolate Orange is his specialty.
Since they're just as much a treat for the eyes that they are for the mouth, check out the master chef at work, decorating a dozen Red Velvet cupcakes, our most popular flavor.