Tips To Party Poolside in Vegas
March is a jam-packed month. In just 31 days we're celebrating Spring Break, March Madness, Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's, not to mention it's Daylight Saving Time and we'll be ushering in the first day of Spring. Although these events are important, the 75 degree weather we've been enjoying in Vegas has us thinking of just one thing…the start of Vegas pool season! We can almost smell the suntan lotion and chlorine….
To get you ready for the Vegas pool season, we thought we'd provide you with a few pointers on how to party poolside in Vegas. We'd love to hear your tips and pointers too!
- Go local. If you're visiting Vegas and want a different experience apart from the crowds go local. There are plenty of options (like the M, wink, wink) that are just a few miles from the Strip that provide beautiful pools, amenities and service - often at a much better price.
- Reserve a cabana. If you are planning to make a day of it, we suggest paying the extra money for a cabana. These covered areas are great retreats from the sun and usually come equipped with plush sofas, flat-screen TVs, sound systems, refrigerators, misters and sometimes even your own personal attendant. Here at the M, you can even receive an in-cabana massage from our four-star spa if you're willing to spend a little extra money.
- Use sunscreen. If you're visiting our wonderful sun-filled city for the first time, the Vegas sun is relentless. Plan accordingly and bring sunscreen. You don't want to be sitting in your hotel room with a bottle of aloe while your friends are getting ready to head out for a night on the town.
- Bring friends. Everything is better if you have a buddy…or two. The cabanas are usually large enough to fit 8-10 people, so split the costs and have a great afternoon with your friends.
- Celebrate responsibly. Remember, drinking in the sun will get you inebriated faster than normal. Be respectful of others and responsible when it comes to consuming alcoholic beverages and always off-set with water.
- Choose wisely. There are plenty of options for pools in Vegas – local, Strip, club, European, family. If you want to make sure you have a good time, do your research. Check the pool websites, chat forums and call the venues to make sure you know about the costs and the atmosphere upfront. The last thing you want is to show up ready for a family day at the pool only to realize the pool is European.
Current pool hours (until our grand opening) here at the M are 10-6 pm daily (operation out of DayDream). Call 702-797-1800 for more pool information.
Hours of Operation:
Villaggio del Sole
April 1 Grand Opening
Daily 9 am – 8 pm
DayDream Pool Club
April 16 Grand Opening
Thursday, Saturday & Sunday 11 am – 7 pm
Hotel guests and ladies 21+ complimentary