Happy 1 Year to Us!
Yesterday marked exactly one year of operation for the M Resort. On March 1, 2009 we opened our doors to the cities of Henderson, Las Vegas and beyond. What a year it's been! We thought we'd share some photos of our journey and highlight some M moments from our first year.
During the past year, we've listened to our guests and have continued to refine the M Resort experience. We've truly enjoyed sharing our first year of operation with everyone who has visited us and we've had some really great events happen this last year:
Here's a list of some of our favorite M memories from the past year of operation: (it was too hard to order, so there isn't a ranking!)
- Signature Festivals. We turned our piazza into a community piazza. We introduced some fun festivals and community events including our Italian Festival. Who could forget watching the grape stomping contest? Or the watermelon eating contest during our Last Bash of Summer Labor Day weekend event?
- Forbes Four Star Recognition. This year, we became the proud recipient of this prestigious award, a recognition rarely bestowed on first year properties.
- Top Chef and Martha Stewart Living Radio. Hosting culinary heavy hitters Top Chef Season 6 and Martha Stewart Living Radio helped put the M on the map nationally and both brought attention to our passion for culinary arts.
- Introducing Studio B Buffet. We love Studio B Buffet and when we opened on March 1 we introduced it to the world. It's the first buffet to have a live action cooking studio built within the buffet. It has more than 200 dishes daily and includes a view!
- Opening Martini Time with Chef Tina Martini. Most recently, we introduced you to Chef Tina Martini. The show itself is a first for the city and a new form of entertainment - healthy entertainment.
- Nation's Tallest Christmas Tree. Our 109 ft Christmas Tree proudly stood for a month in our piazza and was a major attraction for the city. CEO Anthony Marnell III dedicated the tree to all the children in the Valley who would not have a tree.
- Hitting Record Numbers for iMagine Reward Sign-Ups. More than 20,000 people became iMagine Rewards members within our first TWO days of operation!
- M Lightship. Although it wasn't technically within the first year of operation, how could we leave the lightship off our favorite memories list?
Look for us to continue to be focused on great service and great value and listening to you, our guests. We couldn't have done it without our team members and without each and every one of our guests who have visited us since day one. Thank you for a wonderful first year.
What's your favorite M Resort memory from this past year?